At first, an honest confession. My entire childhood, I never really liked English songs except for Bryan Adam’s ‘Summer of 69’ and ‘Here I Am’ from the movie “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron”. I loved to hear old as well as new Hindi and Assamese songs, but not English. Most of my school friends were huge fans of Linkin Park or The Scorpions or The Beatles or Pink Floyd and many more, but I kept my distance from the songs they heard. This continued until I came to college and there was a complete reversal of musical tastes! Thanks to the awesome English TV series I have been watching since my 1st semester days. I started loving English songs and my playlist currently has 95% of them!
My list of favourite singers include many popular artists like John Denver, Michael Jackson, John Mayer, Avril Lavigne etc. but I adore some special songs of the soundtracks of a few TV series I’ve watched so far. Among them, I love the the soundtrack of Nikita, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and Chuck. One very interesting aspect about these TV series is that in the soundtrack of the episodes, most of the songs are performed by artists or musical bands who I never heard about. I guess most of you would find them new too, after reading this post. Here, I shall mention my top favourite artists/musical bands featuring in the TV series, and the songs which have struck a chord with me!
- Matt Kearney’s ‘Closer to Love’, ‘Here We Go’ and ‘Straight Away’
- Andrew Belle’s ‘The Ladder’ and ‘In my Veins’
- Trent Drabbs’ ‘Counting Sleep’
- Matt Nathanson’s ‘All We Are’ and ‘I Saw’
- The Fray’s ‘How to Save a Life’, ‘Never Say Never’ and ‘Ungodly Hour’.
- Metric’s ‘Help I’m Alive’ and ‘Gold Gun Girls’
- OneRepublic’s ‘Say(All I Need)’, ‘Apologize’, ‘Come Home’ ft Sara Bareilles and ‘Marchin On’ ft. Timbaland.
- Sara Bareilles’ ‘Breathe Again’, ‘Gravity’ and ‘Come Home’
- Tyrone Wells’ ‘Time of our Lives’ and ‘This is Beautiful’
- Plumb’s ‘Cut’
I would be glad if you listen to these songs I mentioned and give your opinions about them. I’ll be waiting eagerly for your response.